The Top-Level Domain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness

3 posters

Go down

Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness Empty Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness

Post by Admin Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:19 pm

There were a lot of great talks at Namescon but one of the more “exciting” sessions was entitled ”New TLDs + ‘Domainers’ : The Opportunities“. The session panel was made up of Mike Berkens, Adam Dicker, Ari Goldberger of ESQuire, and Fred Krueger of Mind and Machines (a subsidiary of TLDH, publicly traded). The panel was moderated by up and coming comedian Braden Pollock.

Going into the session I was not as skeptical as the rest of audience. Some came in adamantly thinking new gTLDs are a waste of money. Most domain investors were like me. In a sit and wait mode and merely came for a laugh. New gTld owners aren’t laughing and they need buyers now. It’s the reason they came to the show, to convince us that we need to be part of the new names………now. Some took the approach of “watch us and join when you’re ready” method. And then there was Fred Krueger. In Fred’s exact words “Dot Com will be dead in 10 years”.

http://domainshane.com/fred-krueger-dot-com-will-be-dead-in-10-years-one-side-of-over-invested-blindness
Admin
Admin

Warning level : 100 %

http://tlds.forumxpress.net

Back to top Go down

Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness Empty Re: Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness

Post by kizo Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Shane Cultra is right when saying in his article:
I know that the new tlds in general will be successful. I also know that it will take a lot of time.
But nobody can predict what will happen to .com. I could imagine that one day people give up typing .com automatically at the end of a web address.
But there are also other possibilities most people don't think about yet: what if websites will be opened by picture scans or voice input or something different?
Perhaps new technologies will be develop that will make all TLDs dispensable!?
I think it's impossible to predict the internet world in 30 or 50 years; but we all will experience surprises.
kizo
kizo
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness Empty Re: Fred Krueger “Dot Com Will Be Dead in 10 Years”: One Side of Over Invested Blindness

Post by 95654 Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Indeed the nTLDs are a big threat for .com.

It won't happen fast, but the habit of Internet users to type .com won't live forever.

But what makes more sense in the long run:
music.radio or music.com?

Honestly I don't know why we need .com in the future at all.
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum